Tonight we had one of Tim’s favorite recipes. Pasta Di Vinci. The recipe is a mock up from The Cheesecake Factory.
1 (1 lb) box penne pasta
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 large red onions, finely chopped
4 oz can sliced mushrooms, drained or 1/2 cup button mushrooms quartered
1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup madeira wine (deep red)
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp Butter
1 Tbsp Parsley
1 Tbsp Flour
1/2 cup Water
- Follow the directions on the box for the pasta. Make sure you cook them “al dente”.
- Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in 1 Tbsp of the butter until tender.
- Remove the onions, mushrooms and garlic and set them aside until later.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken, stirring frequently.
- Remove the chicken and it aside until later.
- To the same pan, add 2 Tbsp butter and melt over a low-medium heat.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter and stir to make a roux.
- Slowly add in the wine, water, milk and heavy cream, stirring constantly.
- Cook over a medium-high heat until thickened – Stirring often to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the parsley and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms, garlic and onions back in and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Pour over the pasta and optionally serve with Parmesan cheese.
And the verdict…
One satisfied husband and two happy children… life is good.
May God bless your socks off!