Tonight I had my Lia Sophia party. We had a great time, browsing jewlery and munching on snacks. Among those was my favorite Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Now, I’ll tell you up front I got this recipe on-line. So I can’t take any credit for anything except following directions. I like to make them for breakfast! Though I don’t know who likes them better, the kids or me?
Whole Wheat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1/2 cup white sugar or substitute
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil (I used olive oil; I can’t taste a difference)
1 teaspoon vanilla (use only 1/2 tsp if using real vanilla)
2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease or line 12 muffin cups.
2. Place the egg, sugar, milk, canola oil, vanilla and mashed bananas into a mixing bowl or stand mixer. Mix with hand mixer or stand mixer for 2-3 minutes, or until smooth. Add the mashed bananas and mix for another 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl or stand mixer. Mix until batter is smooth, about 3 minutes. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer or set aside the hand mixer. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full with the batter.
5. Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool a few minutes, then remove muffins from the muffin tin. Let cool another 5-10 minutes, then serve.